Prep: 60 min
Cook: 10 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 11.9
Carbs (g): 66.6
Protein (g): 11.9
Ingredients for the dough:
1 ½ cup (180g) of all-purpose flour
½ a cup (120 ml) of water
1tbs of olive oil
Ingredients for the filling:
½ a pound (250g) of root vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, beetroot, etc.
2tbs of cream
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add the flour and mix it with the olive oil.
- Add half of the water and mix again, then add the remaining water and start mixing with your fingers until you get a dough ball that doesn’t stick to your fingers.
- Once ready, put it in a plastic wrap and let it sit until the filling is ready.
- Wash and peel the vegetables.
- Cut them into pieces and boil them until completely soft.
- Once cooked, add the cream and mash until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, mix well and put it in the fridge for at least 10 minutes to cool it down.
Preparation of the dumplings:
- Take a little bit of dough, form a small ball and form a circle using a rolling pin.
- Add 1tsp of filling and pinch the edges firmly to close the dumplings.
- Put the filled dumplings on a floured surface and make sure they do not touch each other or they will stick!
- Once the dumplings are ready, pan fry them until golden brown.
Inspiration : Vegan Dinner Party cookbook by Sandra Vungi