Prep: 20 min
Cook: 30 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 47.6
Carbs (g): 35.5
Protein (g): 20.6
2tbs of coconut oil
1 garlic clove
8oz (250g) of mushrooms, sliced
1 large red onion, chopped
1tbs of balsamic vinegar
1/2tbs of caster sugar
8oz (250ml) of sour cream
2tbs of sun dried tomatoes, chopped
5oz (150g) of goat cheese, crumbled
1 puff pastry dough
Salt and pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C.
- Heat 1tbs of coconut oil in a frying pan and cook the mushrooms with the garlic for 5 minutes over high heat. Once cooked, leave to cool.
- In a separate frying pan, heat the remaining coconut oil over medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and continue to cook over medium heat, until the liquid has evaporated. Once cooked, leave the mixture to cool.
- Meanwhile, roll out the puff pastry on a lightly floured surface until large enough to fit your pie plate. Ease into the pie plate and trim the edge.
- Scatter the goat cheese, then top with the mushrooms, onions and sun dried tomatoes.
- Whisk the eggs, sour cream, nutmeg, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Pour over.
- To make the spiders, cut your olives in halves. Use 6 halves for form the bodies and place them on top of the mixtures. Cut the other halves in 4 slices each to create the legs. Place 4 slices on each side of the body.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the quiche is set, about 30 minutes.