Video tutorial available here.
Serves 4 to 5
Prep: 15 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 25.7
Carbs (g): 3.6
Protein (g): 2.3
1 whole chicken
1 large onion
3 garlic cloves
3 tbs of dry thyme
4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into large pieces
1 handful of fresh sage, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to your taste
- Preheat the oven to 240°C / 465°F.
- Peel the onion and cut it into 4 pieces.
- Place your chicken in an ovenproof dish. Insert one piece of onion inside the chicken and the other 3 around the chicken.
- Peel and cut in halves, lengthwise, the garlic cloves
- Make six holes in the chicken and insert a piece of garlic inside each one of them.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil, dry thyme, salt and pepper.
- Add a little bit of water inside the dish and bake for 1h30.
- Now moving on to the roasted potatoes, peel them and cut them into large pieces.
- Spread them on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil, salt, pepper and sage.
- Bake for 15 minutes, take them out of the oven, switch side and cook for another 15 minutes. Repeat this step 2 more times.