Prep: 1h30 min
Rest: 30 min
Cook: 60 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 18.2
Carbs (g): 31.2
Protein (g): 9
Ingredients for the roasted butternut squash:
1 butternut squash, halved and seeded
1tbs of butter
Salt and pepper to taste
½ a cup of grated Parmesan
½ tsp of ground nutmeg
2 tsp of ground cinnamon
Ingredients for the fresh ravioli dough:
1 ½ cup of all-purpose flour
1 egg, lightly beaten
Ingredients for the sage brown butter sauce:
¼ of a cup of salted butter
8 sage leaves, finely chopped
- Roast the butternut squash
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Place each butternut squash half face up on a baking tray.
- Put 1 tbs of butter inside the hole of each butternut squash.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and cover up each half with foil.
- Bake for 55 minutes, or until tender.
- Make the ravioli dough
- Dump the flour on a clean work surfaced.
- Make a well in the center and break 2 eggs into the well.
- Pierce each egg yolk with a fork and fold the flour into the center.
- Work the dough for 10 minutes, or until firm. If you have used to much flour, add water to the mix, 1 tsp at a time.
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave it to rest for at least 30 min at room temperature.
- Prepare the butternut squash mix
- Pour the melted butter from the squash into a mixing bowl and scoop out the inside of the squash into the same bowl.
- Mash the mixture until you obtain a smooth consistency, add the parmesan, nutmeg and cinnamon and mix everything together.
- Put the mixture in the fridge and ensure it is completely cold before filling the ravioli.
- Rollout the ravioli dough
- Cut the dough into small pieces and start by rolling it out through the widest setting on your pasta maker machine.
- Fold it in half and roll it out again through the same setting.
- Set your roller to the next smallest setting and roll it out again, twice.
- Repeat this step until you reach the smallest setting.
- If your pasta sheet becomes too long, cut it in half.
- Make and cook the ravioli
- Sprinkle some flour on your work station.
- Lay your first sheet down and put some mixture on each ravioli.
- Use the beaten egg and apply it on the edge of each ravioli to seal it.
- Cover up with a second sheet and cut your ravioli.
- Cook your ravioli in boiling water, over high heat, for 3 to 5 minutes
- In the meantime, make the sage brown butter sauce
- Melt the butter in a medium sauté pan over medium heat and cook until the foam subsides and the butter begins to brown, for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir in the sage and cook until the sage becomes crispy, for 1 to 2 minutes.