Prep: 10 min
Cook: 45 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 5.3
Carbs (g): 36.4
Protein (g): 4.2
125g of brown caster sugar
1tbs of vanilla extract
80g of flour
50g of butter and a slice to butter the dish
300ml of almond milk
2 tbs of powdered cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 390 °F / 200 °C.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with the sugar and the vanilla extract until whitened.
- Add the melted butter. Gently stir in the flour, then stir in the milk.
- Cut the apples into thin slices. Butter the oven dish and place the apple slices in the dish, in the shape of your choice.
- Cover with the Clafoutis dough and bake for 35 min.
- Remove the dish from the oven, sprinkle with 2 tbsp of powdered cinnamon and bake again, for 10 min. Serve warm or cold.
Best served with ice cream.
Tip: Cut the cake into slices while it is still hot and keep them into a closed container to keep it soft.