Serves 4 (12 tartlets)
Prep: 20 min
Cook: 35 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 45.4
Carbs (g): 32.1
Protein (g): 23.8
1 puff pastry dough
75g of grated parmesan
125g of roasted bell pepper, chopped up
225g of mozzarella, chopped up
12tsp of basil pesto
3tbs of olive oil
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C / 275°F
- Roll out the dough and cover evenly with parmesan. Fold the dough in 4 and roll out again using a rolling pin and draw rings of approximately 10 cm in diameter.
- Place each ring on a muffin or mini tartlet tray and bake blind for 15 min.
- Take the tartlets out of the oven (leave it on) and on each tartlet, put 3 pieces of roasted bell pepper, spread with one tea spoon of basil pesto and top up with 2 pieces of mozzarella, sea salt and pepper.
- Place the asparagus on an oven dish, drizzle with olive oil, sea salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place the asparagus and tartlets in the oven and cook for 10 min.
- Serve the tartlets warm, each one topped with one asparagus.
Inspiration: The Gate Vegetarian Cookbook