Prep: 10 min
Cook: 30 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 27.5
Carbs (g): 86.8
Protein (g): 45
200g of green lentils
400ml of vegetable stock
200g of broccolis
200g of cauliflowers
2 garlic cloves
1tsp of cumin and/or ras el hanout
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
50g of walnuts
1 handful of fresh herbs of your choice
125g of sliced halloumi
1tsp of running honey
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC
- Put the lentils in a pot, pour over the hot stock. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for 30 minutes.
- In the meantime, cut the cauliflowers and brocolis into florets. Place them in an oven-proof dish and add the garlic cloves, unpeeled.
- Drizzle with olive oil, add the cumin, raz el hanout, salt and pepper. Place in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, take the garlic, squeeze it out of its skin into a bowl. Mash until creamy, then squeeze in the lemon juice, add the honey and mix.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, place the cooked vegetables and lentils. Add the walnuts and the sauce and mix well to combine all the ingredients.
- Chop the halloumi into slices, fry until golden and serve with the lentils and vegetables.
Inspiration: Jamie Oliver