Prep: 5 min
Cook: 25 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 41.3
Carbs (g): 48.2
Protein (g): 14.4
1 puff pastry
3 red onions
75g of Goat Cheese
1tbs of balsamic vinegar
1/2tbs of caster sugar
1tbs of coconut oil
- Pre-heat the oven to 190°C
- Peel and cut each onion in half. Then, cut each half into thin slices.
- Melt the coconut oil in a pan over medium heat and add the onions. Cook for 5 minutes or until soft, stirring regularly.
- Add the sugar and vinegar and continue to cook over medium heat, until the liquid has evaporated. Once cooked, leave the mixture to cool.
- In the meantime, unroll the pastry and draw rings of approximately 10 cm in diameter.
- With the tip of a knife, dot a line 1 cm in from the outside, beat the egg and brush this outer ring with the beaten egg. This will allow the outside of the ring to puff and hold the filling.
- Divide the onions equally between all the inner rings, crumble the Goat Cheese over the onions and cook in the oven for 15 min.
This dish is best served with green salad and French or balsamic vinegar dressing.
Inspiration: The Gate cookbook