Prep: 20 min
Cook: 40 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 46.7
Carbs (g): 66.9
Protein (g): 11.5
1 puff pastry sheet
350ml of crème fraiche
1tsp of olive oil
4tbs of water
225g of goat cheese
2 red peppers
100g of grated gruyere cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 200Cº.
- Roll out the puff pastry and place in a round oven proof dish. Prick the bottom using a fork.
- Peel the onions, and cut them into this slices. Lightly brown the onions in a frying pan over medium heat, in a bit of olive oil.
- When brown, reduce the heat to low and add the water. Mix with a wooden spoon and cover 4 at 5 minutes.
- Check the consistency of the onions: they should be very tender. If necessary, adding 1 tbs of water, and let it cook on low heat for another minute or two.
- Once cooked, distribute evenly the onions all over your pastry sheet.
- Cut the goat cheese into slices of 1 cm to 1,5 cms. Place the slices on top of the onions by spacing them out two centimetres from each other.
- Wash and cut the peppers in slices. Place the slices on top of the goat cheese.
- Sprinkle 2/3 of the gruyere cheese on top of the peppers.
- In a mixing bowl, add the beaten eggs, the crème fraiche, salt, pepper and the remaining gruyere cheese.
- Pour the mixture evenly on top and place the quiche in the oven.
- Cook for 40 minutes or until golden brown.
Best served with a salad and french dressing.