Prep: 10 min
Cook: 15 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 32.4
Carbs (g): 33.4
Protein (g): 15.7
1 broccoli head
2tbs of olive oil
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
450 ml of chicken stock
3tbsp of crème fraiche
3 slices of whole-wheat bread
30g of grated parmesan
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 220° C.
- Cut the bread into small cubes and place in a bowl.
- Drizzle over 1 tbs of olive oil and mix well together.
- Transfer the croutons to an ovenproof dish and place some parmesan on top of each crouton.
- Cook for 7 – 10 min, until golden and crispy.
- Divide the broccoli into florets.
- Heat 1 tbs of olive oil in a large pan, add the onion and cook for 1 – 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli and garlic and cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Add the stock, bring to a boil, then reduce the heat, cover the pan and simmer for 10 minutes, or until the broccoli is soft.
- Mix the mixture in a food processor or blender to from a purée.
- Return the soup to the pan, add the crème fraiche and gently reheat for a couple of minutes.