Prep: 10 min
Cook: 40 min
Nutrition Facts (per 1 serving):
Fat (g): 21.4
Carbs (g): 110.4
Protein (g): 32.7
150g of minced, grass-fed lamb
250g of Gluten Free Fusilli
1 finely chopped onion
8 small tomatoes diced
2 crushed garlic cloves
1tbs of tomato purée
2 handfuls of fresh chopped basil leaves
1 organic lamb stock cube
3tbs of olive oil
Sea Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Step 1: The Sauce
- Pour 2tbs of olive oil into a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the chopped onion and crushed garlic cloves. Sauté for 5 minutes or until the onion is translucent and tender.
- Add the tomatoes and 1 handful of chopped basil leaves. Simmer on low/medium heat for 15 minutes or until cooked down and starting to darken.
- Optional: Use a blender to puree the sauce until smooth. For a thicker sauce, skip this step.
Step 2: The Bolognese
- Heat a large saucepan over a medium heat.
- Add 1tbs of olive oil and once hot add the lamb and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Cook the mince for 2 minutes, until slightly browned over a high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the tomato sauce.
- Cook for 15/20 minutes, or until the lamb is fully cooked.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to package directions adding salt.
Drain the pasta and mix it with the Bolognese. Add a handful of fresh basil and serve.
And voilà !