Prep: 30 min
Cook: 10 min
150g of peas
2tbs of double cream
1/2tbs of butter
2 sea bass fillets
½ litter of olive oil
40g of plain flour
1 garlic clove finely chopped
1/2 tsp of paprika
1 egg beaten
80ml of beer
Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
The Mushy Peas
- Cook the peas in salted boiling water for 3 minutes.
- Drain the peas and transfer them to a blender.
- Add the butter, cream, salt and pepper and mix.
- Slice each fillet in half, lengthwise.
- Spread a bit of mushy peas on top of each slice of fish.
- To form the paupiette, place 1 slice of fish on a flat surface and another one on top to form the shape of an X.
- Roll the top slice onto itself and the bottom one around it.
- Use the cooking string to tie it up and repeat the same steps for the 2 remaining slices.
- Heat the oil in saucepan to 185ºC.
- In the meantime, in a mixing bowl, combine the flour, paprika, salt, pepper, garlic, egg. Gradually mix the beer until a thin batter is formed.
- Dip the fish paupiettes into the mix until it is completely covered with the mixture.
- Dip each paupiette into the oil turning them once one side is golden brown.
- Drain the paupiettes on kitchen paper and serve!
Credit: this recipe is inspired by allrecipes UK